Healthcare Concierge

What payment types do you accept?
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit or debit card payments.

How easy is it to cancel?
Though we would really hate to see you go, cancelling is very easy. We do not have any contracts. Your membership is on a month-to-month basis. Contact us before the end of the month and we’ll cancel effective the end of the current month. Your benefits and services will continue to be available to you until the end of the current month.

What are Concierge Benefit Services’ hours?
We are available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central Time. We are closed for all major holidays and a few extra days for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

How do I reach you?
You can reach us a variety of ways by sending a quick e-mail at: or by calling us direct at: (844) 560-7727. We try and answer all questions the same day or by the next morning.

Who is eligible for the Concierge Benefit Services benefits and services?
We offer our benefits and services to businesses, associations, affiliate groups, banks, credit unions, insurance companies and consumers. Our entire suite of benefits and services are available to everyone in your household but dependents must be age 18 or younger.

Do your services work internationally?
Concierge Benefit Services benefits and services are not available internationally…at this time.

What states do you work in?
We happily provide our services in every state in the United States. The DMPO benefit is not available in Vermont, Alaska, Washington, Florida, Rhode Island and Utah at this time. Telemedicine video consultations are not available in the states of Iowa, Louisiana, Missouri, Ohio and Texas. Prescriptions prescribed by a doctor via telemedicine in Georgia and California are limited to three days. Our telemedicine program can effectively treat the majority of the most common diagnoses within this three day limit however.

How valuable is this membership since the cost is so low?
Why spend your time, energy and resources navigating any healthcare issues when you can have us do it for you? We’ve been helping people with their healthcare challenges for many years and we can help you. As a Concierge Benefit Solutions member, help is only a call or click away…whenever you need it. Because we work with a large number of people, we are able to pass along significant savings to everyone who would like to participate in our services.

What experience does the Concierge Benefit Services team have?
We have many years of experience helping people deal with their medical bills, provider relations and healthcare issues. Until recently, our services and vendors were only available to members of certain group health benefit plans we had relationships with. We are excited to now offer our expertise and commitment to exceptional service to everyone on a monthly fee basis.

Is the Healthcare Concierge benefit considered Health Insurance?
No. None of the benefits found in the Healthcare Concierge are insurance nor are they underwritten by any insurance company. Insurance is defined as a contract whereby one party agrees to be legally responsible for and accept another party’s risk of loss, in exchange for a payment called a premium.

The benefits we offer result in savings based on actual service rendered by our Member Services Team or from actual discounts given by participating medical providers. At no time does Concierge Benefit Services pay any of a member’s medical costs or receive any “claims” for medical services.

Can I be turned down for a pre-existing condition?
No. Our benefits and services are NOT insurance and as such, there is no underwriting or means of qualification. You cannot be turned down for any medical reason.

Is Concierge Benefit Services a good substitute for Health Insurance?
Concierge Benefit Services offers healthcare navigation services and is NOT a substitute for Health Insurance. While we do help members get reductions on medical bills through our Medical Bill Negotiation service, reductions are not a substitute for coverage and are never guaranteed.

Can I choose my own health care providers?
Yes. There are no “preferred providers”, or required networks in regards to our benefits or services. As such, there are no “out of network” penalties. The only exception is on the Discounted Health Benefits we offer…a member must use a participating provider to receive the discounted services.

How are members of Healthcare Concierge affected by the new federal health care law (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act)?
Starting in 2014, the new law requires individuals to purchase Health Insurance or pay a penalty. Our benefits and services DO NOT exempt a person from complying with the new federal health care law nor do our services qualify as Minimum Essential Coverage.

Will my Concierge Benefit Services Member Advocates be able to give me medical advice?
Our Member Advisors have many skills and resources for your benefit. However, we do not provide medical advice to anyone and strongly advise that you speak to your doctor about any diagnosis or treatment questions. That said, since telemedicine is part of our service and this does give you access to board certified doctors, you are certainly able to receive medical advice and diagnosis from this part of your service.

If I have large amounts of medical expenses, will that affect my membership?
Your membership will never be affected by the amount of medical expenses you have.

Where can I find your Privacy Policy?
Please see our Privacy Policy page.

How do I get you involved in negotiating my medical bills?
Simply contact Member Services at (844) 560-7727 and advise the Member Advisor of your situation. They will open a case for you with the advocacy department who will speak with your providers and negotiate your bills. Once your bills have been negotiated, the advocacy department will advise you of any out-of-pocket costs that might remain.

I’m confused by all the terminology on my medical bills and related paperwork. How can you help?
You can contact us and our Member Advisors will be happy to provide clarification and help.

Will you work on issues for my children? How about my parents who live with me?
Yes, if possible. Having a copy of the bill helps us to work on your case more effectively and efficiently. In most cases, itemized bills are not necessary unless specifically requested by your negotiator. If you do not have copies of your bills available or you are only scheduled for admission, please go ahead and send in your Medical Information Release Form anyway.

I received an email from EchoSign, Secure Message Center or Secure Web Mail. Are these emails legitimate and the links safe to click on?
Yes. We use EchoSign to send documents that require signatures. Electronic digital signatures allow us to serve you quickly and painlessly! Messages received from the Secure Message Center or Secure Web Mail requesting you to retrieve a message online is also legitimate. We encrypt certain email messages to ensure your private health information is protected and this is how those messages are delivered.

How long does it take to get an answer to the case you are working on?
Well, that depends. We can assure you we turn the wheels as quickly as they can go. Many issues can be resolved in a matter of days, even hours, while some, such as provider comparisons and medical bill negotiation may take longer. Every case is unique because we’re about helping people and we’ve never met two who are exactly the same. Your Concierge Benefit Solutions Member Advisor will discuss the anticipated timeline with you each time you open a case.

Will you help me with issues that occurred before I became a member?
Our Medical Bill Mediation service can assist with medical bills incurred before enrollment…but not more than 9 months prior to enrollment.

Do I talk to “real doctors” when I call the telemedicine service?
Yes. You will speak with actual doctors who are U.S. board-certified internists, state-licensed family practitioners, and/or pediatricians licensed to practice medicine in the U.S. and living in the U.S.

Can I speak with a specialist?
At this time, our service doesn’t give you access to speaking with a specialist directly for telemedicine purposes, but our doctors may be able to provide guidance on the type of specialist you should see. With that said, our Member Advisors are able to help you locate and contact a specialist though.

What are some of the common reasons people use telemedicine?
Common conditions include sinus problems, respiratory infection, allergies, urinary tract infection, cold and flu symptoms and many other non-emergency illnesses.

Can the telemedicine benefit handle my emergency situations?
No. Our services are designed to handle non-emergency medical problems. You should NOT use our services if you are experiencing a medical emergency. Please dial 911 for immediate help if you are experiencing an emergency.

Can I get a prescription with the telemedicine benefit?
There is never a guarantee that you will be prescribed a prescription by our doctors. It is up to the doctor to recommend the best treatment. Our plan doctors do not issue prescriptions for substances controlled by the DEA, non-therapeutic, and/or certain other drugs which may be harmful because of their potential for abuse. These include, but are not limited to, antidepressant drugs such as Cymbalta, Prozac and Zoloft which are drugs that are harmful due to their potential for abuse. Also, non-therapeutic drugs such as Viagra and Cialis are not prescribed by our plan doctors.

View the current list of DEA controlled substances: Click Here (see attached list)

How are prescriptions sent to the pharmacy?
Concierge Benefit Services does not dispense prescription drugs. If the doctor prescribes medication, it is submitted electronically or by phone to the pharmacy of your choice.

How do I speak with a Chaplain?
Please call Member Services at (844) 560-7727. Your Member Advocate will simply take your name and number and have a Chaplain call you. No questions will be asked as to the nature of the request.

Working on all this myself takes hours and hours. How can you afford to do it for so little?
Quite simply, this is what we do and we have been doing it for a long time. With a specialized team and process, we can do the work quicker than anyone who handles these issues on occasion.

I think Concierge Benefit Services could also help my friends and family. How do I tell them about you?
Thank you so much – we definitely appreciate your willingness to share information about Concierge Benefit Services with family and friends. For social sharing, just click on the Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook links on the bottom of our website. You can also encourage your friends and family to contact your sales representative or go to our website and enroll online! To enroll now, click here.

This sounds very useful, but I’m worried. How do you protect my information?
We are very, very careful with your identity and personal information. We have taken security measures beyond even what HIPAA and industry best practices require. We promise to never share or sell your information to third-parties or spam you. View our Privacy Policy to learn more.

Where can I find your Privacy Policy?
Please see our Privacy Policy page.

Where can I review the Concierge Benefit Services Membership Agreement?
Please see our Membership Agreement page.


Legal Concierge

Will my Concierge Benefit Services Member Advisor be able to help me in legal matters?
Our Member Advisors cannot provide you any legal advice.

What is the cost to enroll? How much will I be billed each month?
Members do not have a contract and will only pay $19.95 per month, per household.

What is a reasonable amount of time for an attorney to call me back for my initial consultation?
Attorneys are often in deposition or court and as such they may not call back for two or three days. In order to remedy this, the HR Director should ask the employee when they called the attorney and whether or not they have a court date in the next 2-3 days. If so, the employee should call Legal Club of America for immediate intervention and/or reassignment.

The attorney is not following the fee schedule.
Attorneys are often part of several plans and as such they have been known to confuse fee schedules from time to time. First, make sure that you identify yourself as a Legal Club member. If the fee schedule is still not followed, call us immediately so that we can intervene, re-educate the attorney and get things moving in the right direction. If the attorney is not cooperative we will immediately reassign you to another attorney. Our Legal Department professionally manages our nationwide network of attorneys and every quarter “Professionalism Checks” are performed on all of our attorneys. This communication helps to maintain the attorney’s awareness of your exclusive fee schedule as a Legal Club member.

What expectation should I have in communicating with the attorneys?
Remember that the majority of perceived problems are usually miscommunications between the member and the attorney’s office. A call to Legal Club of America® can always solve this. Follow the guidelines above and first try to solve any problems on your own. However, when in doubt or if your problem persists, call Customer Service at (844) 560-7727, Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Central Time.

Can I change my attorney and how often?
Yes, you are able to change the attorney you are working with and you may change your initially referred attorney for any reason, at any time, and make use of as many attorneys in the network as you like. Simply contact Legal Club’s customer service department by calling (844) 560-7727.

Must I always use the attorney referred to me in my welcome letter?
No. This attorney either matches the criteria you asked for in your initial application and/or is a general practitioner that can usually assist you in completing your Free simple will, as well as consult with you on many different legal issues. You may change your initially referred attorney for any reason, at any time, and make use of as many attorneys in the network as you like.

Do plan attorneys have to take my case?
No. A plan attorney, after providing you with a free consultation may determine that your particular legal issue does not warrant any further action. If you disagree with the plan attorney, feel free to call Legal Club for another attorney referral for another legal opinion. You may do this as often as you like.

Can plan attorney ask me for a retainer?
Yes they can. Upon completion of a free consultation, you and your attorney may decide to proceed with further legal action. This could require a substantial amount of hours being spent on your case by your plan attorney. If such a situation arises, your plan attorney may ask for a retainer based on the estimated number of hours he or she thinks the case will take. As a plan member the retainer will be calculated using the rate of $125.00 per hour, or 40% off the attorney’s usual and customary hourly rate, whichever is greater.

My plan attorney won't take my case.
Accepting a case is left to the personal judgment of the attorney. The attorney may determine that in their professional opinion, the case lacks merit. In which case, they are truly trying to save the member the time and money of pursuing a potential losing case.

Is this plan insurance?
No. Our plan is a Legal Service program that is not considered insurance in any of the 50 states.

Tax Concierge

How can I avoid tax scams?
There are myriads of ways for tax thieves to steal your money, including Identity Theft (make link to Identity Theft section on CBS website). Tax thieves steal your personal or financial information from any number of places like buying something online or by hacking your banking information. They then use this information to commit fraud and theft. Phone Theft – A thief poses as an IRS agent demanding immediate payment with a debit card or some other electronic device or threatens arrest or deportation. Phishing Scams – A thief sends e-mails luring victims with promises of a refund or threat of an audit. The reality is that the IRS only contacts taxpayers through the mail, never over the phone or with e-mail. To learn more go to:

I owe the IRS, what is the best way to send them payment?
The IRS has started a new web based payment system where taxpayers can pay bills or make estimated payments directly from their checking or savings accounts without fees or preregistration.

It is possible to schedule payments up to 30 days in advance and the IRS does not retain any bank information after payments are made. Go to then click “Pay your tax bill” and then follow the instructions.

What is happening with bonus depreciation?
Many tax provisions expired at the end of 2013 or expired at the end of 2014. Originally, it looked like not all provisions would be extended, but now legislation is moving through both houses of Congress. (It is an election year) and it is highly probable that all will be extended. (Probable, who knows for sure what Congress will or won’t do?) This includes both 50% bonus depreciation and the higher 179 deduction. Progress is however slow and final passage will not be until after the November elections.

To qualify for either bonus depreciation or higher 179 expending assets must be put in service and ready for use by 12/31/14. Time would be of the essence. Additionally, waiting until the 4th quarter could lock your company into the 4th quarter convention of taking depreciation, thus greatly reducing your tax favored deduction for 2014. Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

How do I get credit for child and/or dependent care this summer?
Many parents pay for childcare or day camps in the summer while they work. If this applies to you, your costs may qualify for a federal tax credit that can lower your taxes. Here are 10 facts that you should know about the Child and Dependent Care Credit:

1. Your expenses must be for the care of one or more qualifying persons. Your dependent child or children under age 13 usually qualify. For more about this rule see Publication 503, Child and Dependent Care Expenses.

2. Your expenses for care must be work-related. This means that you must pay for the care so you can work or look for work. This rule also applies to your spouse if you file a joint return. Your spouse meets this rule during any month they are a full-time student. They also meet it if they’re physically or mentally incapable of self-care.

3. You must have earned income, such as from wages, salaries and tips. It also includes net earnings from self-employment. Your spouse must also have earned income if you file jointly. Your spouse is treated as having earned income for any month that they are a full-time student or incapable of self-care. This rule also applies to you if you file a joint return. Refer to Publication 503 for more details.

4. As a rule, if you’re married you must file a joint return to take the credit. But this rule doesn’t apply if you’re legally separated or if you and your spouse live apart.

5. You may qualify for the credit whether you pay for care at home, at a daycare facility or at a day camp.

6. The credit is a percentage of the qualified expenses you pay. It can be as much as 35 percent of your expenses, depending on your income.

7. The total expense that you can use for the credit in a year is limited. The limit is $3,000 for one qualifying person or $6,000 for two or more.

8. Overnight camp or summer school tutoring costs do not qualify. You can’t include the cost of care provided by your spouse or your child who is under age 19 at the end of the year. You also cannot count the cost of care given by a person you can claim as your dependent. Special rules apply if you get dependent care benefits from your employer.

9. Keep all your receipts and records. Make sure to note the name, address and Social Security number or employer identification number of the care provider. You must report this information when you claim the credit on your tax return.

10. Remember that this credit is not just a summer tax benefit. You may be able to claim it for care you pay for throughout the year

What tax information is available for students who take a summer job?
Many students take a job in the summer after school lets out. If it’s your first job it gives you a chance to learn about the working world. That includes taxes we pay to support the place where we live, our state and our nation. Here are eight things that students who take a summer job should know about taxes:

1. Don’t be surprised when your employer withholds taxes from your paychecks. That’s how you pay your taxes when you’re an employee. If you’re self-employed, you may have to pay estimated taxes directly to the IRS on certain dates during the year. This is how our pay-as-you-go tax system works.

2. As a new employee, you’ll need to fill out a Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate. Your employer will use it to figure how much federal income tax to withhold from your pay. The IRS Withholding Calculator tool on can help you fill out the form.

3. Keep in mind that all tip income is taxable. If you get tips, you must keep a daily log so you can report them. You must report $20 or more in cash tips in any one month to your employer. And you must report all of your yearly tips on your tax return.

4. Money you earn doing work for others is taxable. Some work you do may count as self-employment. This can include jobs like baby-sitting and lawn mowing. Keep good records of expenses related to your work. You may be able to deduct (subtract) those costs from your income on your tax return. A deduction may help lower your taxes.

5. If you’re in ROTC, your active duty pay, such as pay you get for summer camp, is taxable. A subsistence allowance you get while in advanced training isn’t taxable.

6. You may not earn enough from your summer job to owe income tax. But your employer usually must withhold Social Security and Medicare taxes from your pay. If you’re self-employed, you may have to pay them yourself. They count toward your coverage under the Social Security system.

7. If you’re a newspaper carrier or distributor, special rules apply. If you meet certain conditions, you’re considered self-employed. If you don’t meet those conditions and are under age 18, you are usually exempt from Social Security and Medicare taxes.

8. You may not earn enough money from your summer job to be required to file a tax return. Even if that’s true, you may still want to file. For example, if your employer withheld income tax from your pay, you’ll have to file a return to get your taxes refunded. You can prepare and e-file your tax return for free using IRS Free File. It’s available exclusively on

What tax issues should I be aware of when I get married?
Taxes may not be high on your wedding plan checklist. But you should be aware of the tax issues that come along with marriage. Here are five basic tips that can help keep those issues to a minimum:

1.Name change. The names and Social Security numbers on your tax return must match your Social Security Administration records. If you change your name, report it to the SSA. To do that, file Form SS-5, Application for a Social Security Card. You can get the form on, by calling 800-772-1213 or from your local SSA office.

2. Change tax withholding. A change in your marital status means you must give your employer a new Form W-4, Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate. If you and your spouse both work, your combined incomes may move you into a higher tax bracket. Use the IRS Withholding Calculator tool at to help you complete a new Form W-4. See Publication 505, Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax, for more information.

3. Changes in circumstances. If you receive advance payment of the premium tax credit in 2014, it is important that you report changes in circumstances, such as changes in your income or family size, to your Health Insurance Marketplace. You should also notify the Marketplace when you move out of the area covered by your current Marketplace plan. Advance payments of the premium tax credit provide financial assistance to help you pay for the insurance you buy through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Reporting changes will help you get the proper type and amount of financial assistance so you can avoid getting too much or too little in advance.

4. Address change. Let the IRS know if your address changes. To do that, file Form 8822, Change of Address, with the IRS. You should also notify the U.S. Postal Service. You can ask them online at to forward your mail. You may also report the change at your local post office.

5. Change in filing status. If you’re married as of Dec. 31, that’s your marital status for the whole year for tax purposes. You and your spouse can choose to file your federal income tax return either jointly or separately each year. You may want to figure the tax both ways to find out which status results in the lowest tax.

Who can I claim as a dependent?
Taxpayers are able to claim exemptions for dependents if they can meet certain criteria or “tests” to be considered the taxpayers Qualifying Child or Qualifying Relative. These “tests” include age, relationship, residency, support and income. If you can’t claim someone as a Qualifying Child you should look to see if they can be claimed as a Qualifying Relative.

Can I claim the Child & Dependent Care credit for a child living with me but not my dependent?

Only the taxpayer who claims the person as a dependent on their tax return can claim the Dependent Care Credit for that child. There is an exception for the children of divorced or separated parents. The parent with whom the child lives the most number of nights (more than half the year) can claim the Dependent Care Credit, even if not claiming the child as a dependent.

What should I do if I receive a notice from the IRS?

1. Don’t ignore it. Don’t Panic. Read it and see what they want and why.
2. Determine if they are correct. According to the GAO, 48% of IRS notices are incorrect or incomplete.
3. Always respond by the date indicated. Send them any documents or explanations they ask for.
4. If you owe and can’t pay, call or write and work out terms. Remember their “Interest & Fees Clock” will continue to run until the balance is paid in full.

What deductions am I entitled to?
The easy answer is “It depends”. Personal deductions depend on whether you are married or single, do you have dependents, how much your income is and a number of factors related to your individual tax situation. And given the propensity of Congress to change tax law, it’s wise to call a tax professional to keep up to date. Call us to get information on what deductions you are eligible for should you own a business.

What tax forms should I file?
Generally, it depends on the tax issues raised during your tax year. If there are no issues or minimal issues, you may be able to file a 1040EZ or 1040A. If there are multiple issues, you would file a form 1040 and attach the following appropriate schedules:

1. Schedule A: itemized deductions (medical bills, state and local taxes, real estate taxes, mortgage interest, charitable gifts, unreimbursed employee business expenses)
2. Schedule C: for reporting self-employment income and expenses
3. Schedule D: for reporting capital gains and losses
4. Schedule E: for reporting income and expenses from rental real estate

What is a Roth IRA?

A Roth IRA is a retirement account that provides tax free growth. It differs from the traditional IRA in that your contributions are made with post tax dollars which gives you the advantage of only being taxed once. The contribution limits are the same, $5,500 per year ($6,500 if you are over 50). When you go to withdraw from the Roth any monies taken out are not taxable and you are not required to start taking them out at a set age which 70 ½ for the traditional IRA. As a result, it is a simple and effective tax sheltered account.

How can I claim capital losses?
Capital gains and losses are reported on Schedule D. Gains and losses are netted against each other and if a taxpayer has an overall loss, he can take a deduction for the loss, up to a maximum deduction of $3,000 per year. Any additional loss can be carried forward to future years and can be used to offset future capital gains.